Friday, September 1, 2017

Carpentry geeks, unite!

What does a talented carpenter do when he finishes a big milestone? He starts a new project, this time for some friends. [There's much more to do on our project, but he wants to finish up a few details for on long-promised projects.] And when I have the day off, we make an adventure out of a trip to Economy Lumber, suppliers to woodsy folk since 1936.

As we pulled into the parking lot, I said, "OH! This is the place we visited a while back, and I remember promising not to embarrass you in there by taking too many photos." Try as I might, and desire as I do to not be a goofball inside, I still had to take photos, crack jokes with the staff (who did not seem to know how to take my invasion into their clubhouse), and do things to make my boy laugh while we waited for our turn at the counter.

The last time we visited, I marveled at the oddly tall doors for one of the buildings in the yard. Imagine my sincere, lumber-geek delight to discover that we were going to actually step inside that building, past those giant doors. SQUEEEEE! Or, perhaps I have been around construction for too long. Naw, delighting in stuff everybody else passes by is my jam. The last photo below shows a worker and Bill inside that building with the reason the doors are so very tall.

Bin-iful bounty of nails, screws, and bolts

I have no idea what these are, but they are cool. That is all.

We might have finished sooner if we had bought earlier.

The mystery of the super tall doors is solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment