Monday, July 31, 2017

All you need is love ... and awe for that love

Even after all these years, I am still rather in awe of Bill's amazing skills. Our remodel project has given me lots of opportunities to watch with incredulity as he has tackled thousands of projects small and large. On Saturday, he said, "I'm going to go hang a door." And, rip zip quick, he was done. I'd like to think that one of our survival mechanisms through this big project (after our shared sense of humor) is deeply appreciating what he can make happen.

I was reminded of how far we have come when I laid down in our new gym to rest my back on Saturday afternoon:


That big beam, which is openly visible in the gym and travels through the attic space towards the back of the house, brought back some memories. I was working from home one day several years ago and had the opportunity to watch Bill + four friends muscle that beam into place using their ingenuity and strength. It was so nausea-inducing that I had to walk away and distract myself while they continued on -- I couldn't watch the action without deeply worrying for their safety, but those boys were successful that day. That beam serves as a reminder of our devotion to this project, mad building skills, and intense teamwork.

Here are a few scenes from this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment