Thursday, November 23, 2017

A precious gift, a valuable role model


As we have approached this point where we unpack long-stored items, I have been waiting patiently for the moment when I could see this art piece again. It was a gift from my father to my mother, and it hung on the wall in our living room in the house they built for us. I don't know the history of the piece, but the hand-forged nails that hold it together might be a clue.

With all of the similar-style memes all over the internet these days, I have thought many times while it has been in storage about this woman and how she is teaching the men to drink. She's a great role model from long ago, a woman who is leading, teaching, and offering her, ahem, expertise to younger men. Thanks to my parents and especially my mother who taught me to be strong and independent, just like her. I am also deeply fortunate that my boy loves that type of mate.

That fellow on the right looks like he's about done, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment